Thursday, December 4, 2008

Running out of steam...

I've been thinking of so many things to blog about lately but I'm still sick and am having some motivational issues. The one quick thing I could think of were two funny non-words Jack has now added to his vocabulary.
They were learning about their senses this week in school and the teachers put on a "blindfolder" so they could paint without using their sense of sight.
Jim and the kids have been reading Greek mythology at bedtime. Jack frequently asks if they can read the "smyths" tonight.

We had Em's parent-teacher conference last night. Em wrote these 2 great stories.
One started off and I'm paraphrasing a little... "Is your room messy? Let me give you a few tips to help you clean it. First you take your pet out of the room (if you have one). Second, you pick up everything from the floor." This is made funnier only by the fact that Emma takes after my lack of neatness.
For the topic of how I can help at Thanksgiving... "First, I can keep my brother entertained (or at least I can try). Second, I can help Auntie and Uncle Dave decorate (if they'll let me)."

Best get back to work...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smyths! I love it.