Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Slowly but surely...

Slowly but surely, Jim and I (mostly Jim) are moving towards a healthier eating. We already ate pretty healthy at our house but, inspired by Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and The Omnivore's Dilemma, we are trying to eat more locally and with a smaller footprint. We (aka Jim) are baking our own sandwich bread, anxiously awaiting growing our vegetables again this spring/summer/fall (maybe even starting asparagus), and joined a meat CSA through Chestnut Farms where we get locally raised, grass fed, antibiotic and hormone free beef, chicken, pork, and lamb. I have my first batch of yogurt brewing (although I think the best question of the day is, who will be the first to try it and how sick will they get?) and am anxiously awaiting finding the time to start making my own cheese. Well, off to make lamb chili...

No comments: