Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good intentions...

I keep thinking I'm going to update more often. Funny pictures and stories of the kids, what's going on in our lives, our garden progress (or lack thereof). But it seems that I just never get to it. Thanks for sticking with me- whoever you might be.
We had quite the busy weekend.
Saturday Em shopped with Jim's mom. I'm thankful that there is someone out there that will go with Em to the mall so she can have fun (and that it's not me). Jack went to the RedSox with Jim and his dad and brother. Unfortunately, it was a Red Sox loss but he thoroughly enjoyed his first trip to Fenway.
Today was Em's birthday party. We had it at Oak Knoll, our local Audubon sanctuary where we spend a lot of time (and where Jim is on the board). Unfortunately, as we went to go on our walk, it started pouring but we had tons of fun dissecting owl pellets inside instead- lots of bones found by all- and it cleared up for a walk afterwards.
Not sure how I got it in my head, but home made birthday cakes for the kids' birthdays are very important to me. The past few years I had slacked off and either bought them or used mixes. Em specifically requested a return to the home made cake. As many of you know, I am always looking for a new day job- I don't think cake decorating will be it- but it did taste yummy.
My sister and future brother in law were in town this weekend and we all had fun hanging out with them. We went to Waterfire last night and to the Pride parade. Fun was had by all.
The week ahead looks to be a busy one.
Tomorrow night is a Paw Sox game to celebrate Em's birthday and her last day of school.
Tuesday is fun with the kids... not sure what we'll do. Maybe some strawberry picking?
Wednesday is Em's birthday. I took the day off and I think Em and I might have girl power day at Water Country.
Well, there's the catch up.
I'll try to be better (although I wouldn't hold your breath).

No comments: