Monday, June 23, 2008

Just in case...

Just in case any one actually reads this blog AND the good reads piece to the side of it AND is wondering about my recent book selection... Emma is devouring books and, when I say devouring books, I mean devouring books. It's pretty fun to watch but pretty hard to keep up with. All of the local children's librarians know Jack, Em, and me by our first names. They know which books we like (and which we don't). And they know that I never seem to weight lift enough to carry the pile of books for Emma that will only fulfill her for the week. Emma was reading the third in a series of books intended for 8-12 year olds and it seems that the whole mermaid needing to choose between life in the sea vs life on land decision needed to be made, but it entails a choice between living with mom on land or dad in the sea. The thought of choosing between two parents pretty much left Em distraught so she wanted to finish up the books with me instead and she wanted me to read the other two first. Little did she know, that I'm nowhere close to as fast a reader as she is and now I'm still only plugging away on book 2. I'll get there eventually... Anyways, I'm off to go read the Monster in the deep with Emily Windsnap (or something like that). Two days in a row... Now if I could only exercise 2 days in a row, we would be golden!

No comments: