Monday, July 21, 2008

Don't feel so bad no more...

Well, all season long I have been looking forward to my tomato bounty. Most specifically, this one heirloom that I have finally gotten to grow (OK, I lie I finally found to buy and still have not been able to successfully sow from seed). Matt's Wild Cherry. It's supposed to be awesome but only yields a few fruits. Looks like we had about 20 green tomatoes on the plant. Dad ate the first one (or maybe it was mom, or maybe both) and it hadn't even hit the ripe red yet. Then Jim was in the garden the other day and Jack was on the patio (for those of you haven't read previous posts, my tomato addiction has caused us to expand our garden to our patio in pots and another side garden of only tomatoes).
And here goes the conversation or so I'm told...
Jack: "Hey, dad, do you hear that crunching sound?"
Jim: "No, Jack, what crunching sound?"
Jack: "The one of me eating the tomatoes"
There goes another 2.
We've been hanging in my parent's air conditioning for the past few days for Jack's breathings sake. Escaping the poor air quality caused by the air conditioning that we're sitting in... but at least Jack is breathing.
Hopefully when we return tomorrow those tomatoes will be nice and red... and I'll get to them before Jack.

1 comment:

Jim Lemire said...

you really had to be there - it was really funny