Monday, November 3, 2008

Few things make a weekend call worthwhile...

There aren't many things that make a weekend of call worthwhile. Sometimes I get so much accomplished that it feels like a big weight is lifted off my shoulders. Sometimes, I help someone or someone's family through a very difficult time. Sometimes, I make some crazy diagnosis that no one else had come up with in the weeks that they were in the hospital. But, honestly, those are few and far between. This weekend a new experience made it all OK- it was a conversation overheard.

Young guy on the phone in the hallway as I walked by: "Dude, you gotta hold on a second"... pause... "Damn, how come my doctor doesn't look like that? If she did, I would be at the doctor every day."

I looked around, made sure none of the cute Grey's Anatomy like interns were around, and smiled to myself.

2 comments:

Jim Lemire said...

Hey! You let other guys look at you when I'm not around? Where's that burkha I bought ya?

Unknown said...

Who's the hot doctah! Ha cha cha cha cha!