Thursday, November 6, 2008

Quote o' the week...




Actually, it's from Em this time.
Emma was very inspired by this week's election and was hoping that Obama would win (I'm sure it had nothing to do with Jim and my brainwashing skills, working on her infinitely caring heart, telling her that Obama cares about education and the Earth and McCain only cares about money). She was a little upset that Jack would get to go to the polls with me and she wouldn't, so I decided to go with both of them before school started.
As we were going in, one of our neighbors was leaving...
Emma: "I'm so glad that he came here to vote for Obama too"
Me: "Actually, Em, I'm not so sure that he voted for Obama"
Em: "Why would someone not vote for Obama?"
Exactly...

Overall, I'm excited and inspired by the events of the past week. I only hope that this inspiration and excitement continues and that Obama stays safe.

The most inspirational part of the whole week was seeing the quote that 78% of Americans feel that it's time for change and they don't like the direction that the country is going in. Now, I'm sure that most of the 78% don't feel that way for the same reasons that I do, but it's nice to know that I'm not alone thinking that it's time for change.

No comments: