Friday, November 21, 2008

Setting goals...

So, I'm actually making it public. I'm trying to get running again. My goal is to be out there 3 days a week. Haven't quite made it there yet but I'm getting there.
I'm running my first 5K in awhile on Sunday. In fact, I think it's the first race since the half marathon a few years ago.
So here are my goals for Sunday in order of achievability:
1) Showing up (it's supposed to be 30 degrees and windy so I could very well convince myself not to go)
2) Get to the finish line
3) Finish without walking (I've been running 3+ miles lately so it shouldn't be too big of an issue, barring major hills)
4) Finishing in less than 30 minutes (probably THE goal of the weekend and the one that is most within my reach but I'm not sure I'm there yet)
5) Finishing in less than 27 minutes (this one will most likely have to wait for the spring)
Well, here goes nothing...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heard you finished the race, although not in as good a time as you would have liked. But, good for you!!!!!!